On the to-do list:
- Get caught up on slush -- tomorrow
- Get working on the extended remix of The Winter Court, growing it to a proper novel
- Mention to people that the print version of In an Iron Cage is now available (this anthology contains the short story version of The Winter Court
- Get the pdf version of The Journal of Unlikely Entomology up for general access, and get the donations page up
- Point out the Locus review of the above mentioned Journal.
- Publicly congratulate Mari Ness for being singled out for particular attention in the above mentioned review of the above mentioned Journal.
- Research markets and submit stories for consideration of rejection
- Gently prod the resident artist about the web comic
- Get some sleep
Today, we went to a movie. Second time this year, I think. Pretty pitiful, huh? Anyway, we braved the wizards and death-eaters at the theatre, and watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Fun movie, not brilliant. I think they overused the soundtrack to tell us how we should be feeling from scene to scene. Still, Mr. Depp is great fun. It's a pity that they didn't actually make a movie of the novel, but I could see how that could permanently scar the younger viewers. We've all known since the trailers for the first movie came out that the writers had been strongly influenced by Tim Powers' novel, and it's good to see them finally acknowledging that. I'll be re-reading On Stranger Tides in the near future, to remind myself why I loved it so much.