Unfortunately, it seems that a great many people have difficulty with these basic concepts. So I'll enumerate them:
The Seven Basic Rules of Driving
1) Move forward as appropriate.
2) Don't run over anyone in the process. No destination is worth someone else's well-being.
3) Stop when indicated.
4) Change direction as needed.
5) Remember that sometimes you need to back up in order to get where you're going.
6) Pay attention.
7) Be courteous to the people around you.
Please feel free to substitute "driving" with other words. I suspect that these rules will apply.
And if they don't, there's likely something fundamentally wrong with whatever activity that word signifies.