of course, i have a slew of perfectly good tshirts that i never wear, and the ones i actually like are the ones that are wearing out.
so, goodbyes go in no particular order to:
- the blue-grey tshirt nancy gave me - falling apart
- "the meat team" - threadbare to the point of transparancy
- very nice dark teal cisco systems shirt - neck too tight
- black "intel powers the internet" shirt - 1)is too tight and 2) lies
- infinite body piercing shirt from pinkee - just doesn't fit right, can't explain what it is.
- shirt my dad brought from indonesia - apparently XL indonesians are about the same as M americans
- skinny puppy shirt from jen - finally gotten to the point where the decal is just garbled bits
- "temple university bowling team" shirt (featuring a picture of a guy in a grateful dead shirt smoking a bowl) given to me by one of my students back in 1989 - old and threadbare
- generic black tshirt w/ pocket - generally dead
- sarah mclaughlan shirt - fumbling toward ecstacy tour - falling apart
- ISPF shirt - neck is shredded (used to be my most comfortable shirt)
- politics mailing list party commemorative shirt - 1994. dead.
- infinite body piercing shirt that did fit ("anything less betrays a lack of commitment") - wore it out
- onyx networks - aka the patrick gilmore exchange - never wear it. (company has gone under)
- efficient networks - never wear it (company absorbed by siemens)
- e-lysium - one of the stupider concepts for a company, but amazingly, they are still around - won't ever wear it
- white ServInt shirt - these guys went bankrupt, screwing their friends out of lots of cash, and yet are still around - won't ever wear it
- black ServInt shirt
- psinet tshirt - another company that went bankrupt and disappeared (assets now owned by cogent) - actually a nice shirt but it's all stained now.
- bright purple vovida shirt, from when they were first getting started - it doesn't really fit. more's the pity.
- aqua shirt with sun and stars and some guys with spears and - are they dragons? - wore it out
- trippy sun face with tentacles shirt - used to wear it a lot, but isn't part of my current "look" i guess
- the far side "the real reason the dinosaurs became extinct" shirt - wore it out
shirts i'm keeping for sentimental value:
- 2 "My ISP Sucks Less" newsread.com shirts - back when Netaxs was run by Netaxs, and kicked ass
- priori networks "You Could Be Dead" marketing campaign shirt. they spent their last couple hundred thousand on that campaign, and disappeared shortly thereafter.
- my wedding tshirt (double-shotgun theme)
- "naughty linx - like yahoo, but with balls!" - sent by a grateful customer
- Miyazaki Laputa tshirt from Michael
- Hamell on Trial (aka the Wedding Singer)
- the ugliest tie-dye in the world - looks like the creator was having a seizure, and used acrylic paint instead of dye. very odd thing, that.
- all my netaxs shirts
too bad nobody sells cool shirts anymore